Where can I get additional information?
We do not have a fixed weekly meeting point, but instead organise events on a regular basis around the area.
With members ranging in age from 5 to 85, we can offer newcomers - walkers, joggers and runners of any age - help and guidance on how to read maps, use a compass and how use the electronic timing.
For further information about the club please call 01926 632189 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Other useful resources:
- British Orienteering Newcomers Guide
- Join the OD Facebook group (members only).
- A free, printable summary of control descriptions and map symbols is available here (external link).
- A free comprehensive guide to control descriptions and map symbols including examples IOF website (external link).
- A guide to orienteering jargon can be found here on the British Orienteering website (external link).
- Our on-line training can help you learn the IOF pictorial symbols and improve other technical skills.
- List of links to orienteering training related websites.
- A book by Carol McNeill (2010) covering orienteering skills, techniques and training for all levels. (amazon link)