MAPRUN F Orienteering
Come on Droobers – if you’re not MapRunning, you are missing out on some great orienteering!!!!!
Several weeks ago Octavian Droobers launched a series of orienteering courses using MapRunF. MapRunF is a free mobile app that allows you to download an orienteering course onto your phone and complete it at any time of your choosing. With the exception of those based on our permanent courses, there are no physical controls - the app will send you a notification when you are in the correct location.
So don’t miss out on these opportunities to get back into the great outdoors and practise your orienteering skills!
The range of courses every week offer something for everyone and this week’s at Daventry are surprisingly good. Next week’s courses at Burbage Common look to be even better.
Note: All previous courses from this series are still be available on the app.
MapRunF is quite straight forward and there are just a few simple steps to be up and running which are best done on Wi-Fi.
· Download the MapRunF App from your App store and register your details.
· Check the settings on your phone to make sure that the MapRunF App keeps running when your phone goes to sleep. It is the default option on many phones but not on others.
· Open the App and hit the ‘Select Event’ button on the opening page.
· Tab down to the ‘UK’ then ‘Coventry & Warwickshire’ to select the course that you want to run from the many now on there.
· Hit ‘Go to Start’ button, you will then need to enter a lock code/PIN (sent out by Bruce) and you are ready to go
It’s best to register and login for the first time at home before you set out, in case you can't remember the relevant login details
You can print your own map (a great way to make a run more enjoyable)
That’s all there is to it!
Bruce has already sent out PIN codes and pdf versions of maps to print, but please get in touch if you don’t have them to hand.
Please remember to stay safe when undertaking any type of orienteering - and to stay within the governments guidelines on social distancing.